Year number 5 of the Contract = Tag-A-Bag (6 min/year) = $19.80/Year | Additional tags = $3.30 each | Toter Cart = $50.75/quarter
The current “Garbage Guidelines” can be accessed using
www.advanceddisposal.com. Customers should click on “Residential Services” and click on Garbage Guidelines in the drop down box. Under Pennsylvania the customer will then click on Dickinson Township.
BULK ITEM PICKUP: One item per week.
Please phone Advanced Disposal in advance of your scheduled pick up day at 717-423-5383 or 1-800-338-8971 to notify Advanced Disposal of a large item disposal such as sofas, chests or mattresses or any Freon containing items such as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners. These items will be picked up on your scheduled day.
Will be picked up under a “single stream” method. There will be no need to separate your recyclables.
In case of inclement weather, please do not put out newspapers, cardboard or magazines. These materials can only be recycled if dry.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup once per week.
- Recycling cart must be placed curbside the night before the scheduled collection day.
- Acceptable recyclables include: Newspaper and Inserts, Cardboard, Kraft Paper, Paper Grocery Bags, Shopping and Lunch Bags, Paper, Paperboard, Cereal Boxes, Tissue Boxes, Paper Towel Cores, Tissue Paper Cores, Soda and Beer Cartons, Shoe Boxes, Magazines, Shopping Catalogues, Discarded Mail, Greeting Cards, Envelopes, Calendars, School Papers, Carbonless Forms Paper, Computer Paper, Old Phone Directories, Paperback Books, Aluminum Beverage Containers, Aluminum Baking Tins, Aluminum Food Containers, Steel Food Containers, Empty Aerosol Cans, Clean Metallic Lids, Glass Bottles and Jars, Plastic Soda & Water Bottles, Milk Jugs, Plastic Detergent Bottles, Plastic Bottles.
To contact Advanced Disposal regarding solid waste and recycling services, please call 717-423-5383.
LIST OF UNACCEPTABLE WASTES
- Car or truck batteries
- Liquid wastes of any kind including waste oil, paint, insecticides, inks & solvents
- Tires of any size
- Aluminum foil, pie tins
- Motors containing gasoline or oil
- Tanks- welding or cooking
- Dead animals
- 55-gallon drums
- Hospital waste*
- Industrial wastes of any kind*
- Contaminated soil*
- Yard waste
- Large quantities of fence wire
- Computer screens
- Fluorescent light fixtures & bulbs
* Hospital waste, industrial waste, asbestos and contaminated soils may be disposed of at landfill facilities only with prior written approval from the Pa Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) and the specific landfill facility. If you arrive at the landfill without prior PA DEP and landfill approval, your waste
will not be accepted.
RECYCLE YOUR CAR - Your donation goes toward the Make-A-Wish foundation. Click
HERE for more details.